Lootbox Lyfe is a Metroidvania with Movement Option Progression. Save your species through exploring an interconnected world riddled with platforming obstacles. Unlock new areas as you obtain new movement options.
You play as Liam Cappello, the last Xoobotl in existence. You wake up from a long slumber only to see the world you once loved is in ruins. The culprit of this calamity? Lootboxes.
Shadowleaf Irvine introduced Lootboxes to Liam’s species, and soon enough, everyone was addicted to them. Slowly, Xoobotls stopped spending money on items essential to life such as food, and water. It was soon after that bodies started dropping.
Is there a way to bring the species back to its past glory? Or is this world forever in ruins due to Shadowleaf’s monopolistic endeavour?
Join the game’s official discord to learn more!
- Make use of tight movement skills to blast through the world at top speed.
- Explore 11 meticulously crafted areas, ranging from a mountainside rebels base, to a garden infested with lootbox-induced fungi trees.
- Collect hidden coins to purchase lootboxes and unlock hats with special powerups.
- Customize your looks with different outfits and colors.
- Explore a non-linear world with many possible paths. You playthrough will almost certainly differ from that of a friend.
- 5-8 hours of gameplay to beat the game, with even more if you choose to 100% it.
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Integrated
- Storage: 400 MB available space