FTL Faster Than Light
Did you ever want to reroute power to the shields, set phasers to stun, or even eject the warp core? Well, now you can! In FTL, you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It’s a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This “spaceship simulation roguelike-like” allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.
FTL’s complex strategic gameplay allows you to give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution, and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle. You will encounter unique alien lifeforms and technology. You can upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of six diverse alien races. Be the Captain you want: hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions. In the randomized galaxy each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. Each time you play another challenging session of FTL:Faster Than Light, it won’t be quite the same.
Activate your warp drive and jump into our Mod Spotlight for FTL: Faster Than Light!
- Complex Strategic Gameplay – Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Play at Your Own Speed – Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Unique Lifeforms and Technology – Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of six diverse alien races.
- Be the Captain You Want – Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Randomized Galaxy – Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- No Second Chances! – Permadeath means when you die, there’s no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
System: Windows XP / Vista / 7
Processor: 2.0 GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 3D graphics card with 128MB RAM and OpenGL 2.0 support
Storage: 175MB HDD
Other: Faster Than Light requires a minimum resolution of 1280 x 720. Integrated Intel HD graphics cards have been known to work but are not officially supported